- Strawberries. These delectable berries contain Vitamin C which produces collagen. Collagen helps form the structure of the skin
Mix strawberries into greek yogurt for a simple breakfast or drizzle them with the organic sweetener Agave nectar for a lovely dessert.
- Lettuce. Salad has an amazing reputation in the organic foodie world for a reason. The lettuces instigates cell turnover. This cell turnover translate to refreshed and glowing skin, strong nails and long, healthy locks
Toss lettuce with unique ingredients to give a traditional salad a kick. Try mixing in dried cranberries, onions, raspberries, avocado, tomatoes, strawberries (bonus beautification), sunflower seeds or chickpeas.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes contain lycopene. Lycopene is known for its ability to shield the skin from dangerous sun rays. Cooked tomatoes provide even more protection for your delicate complexion.
Roast some tomatoes and drizzle them with olive oil for a quick snack or light lunch. You can also make a caprese salad by mixing baby tomatoes, olive oil, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
- Walnuts. Walnuts are an omega-3 powerhouse. Omega-3 fat is essential to the quality of your skin. It provides it nutrients to keep you radiating sans makeup. It will also moisturize your locks and give them the desired sleek and silky appearance.
Chop up some apple slices and mix them with walnuts. This makes for a sweet and satisfying snack with all natural ingredients.
- Carrots. Carrots are filled with beta-carotene and Vitamins A, B and C. They nourish your skin, eyes and hair.
Dip carrots into hummus for a late afternoon pick-me-up. This snack will provide you with ample protein and veggies.
Foods to Skip
- Foods high in sugar. Large amounts of sugar wreaks havoc on skin. The sugar gets into the bloodstream and damages collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin are two major building block for skin cells. Sugar will lead to dull skin with wrinkles so limit your sugar intake.
Use Agave nectar or stevia instead of sugar when sweetening beverages. These are natural sweeteners that will not cause as much damage. Of course, it is best to refrain from any extraneous products so choose wisely. Everything in moderation!
- Processed foods. These foods lack essential nutrients and are filled with fake chemicals to replace them. The chemicals are not meant to be consumed and the body, skin and hair can react negatively to the ingredients.
Make sure to read ingredient labels to check out what you are eating. An extensive list with long chemical titles us usually a red flag to avoid the food product. Try Larabars for a wholesome food with limited and raw ingredients.
Beauty should be based components that make a person special such as spirit, morale and personality. Outer beauty is a result of these inner workings; eating nutritiously is part of self-respect. A healthy diet filled with these beautifying foods enhances inner confidence and outer beauty.
So, eat well and keep glowing!